We took a trip to Miami last week to visit LXMI at Sephora stores, bond and strategize in the city of sun, surf, and music (major props to our CMO Thea, who flew in despite having to leave a newborn at home and pump in the car). We’d planned for a chill, beachy offsite, but ended up meeting incredibly interesting people, music, art, and conscious living brands on the streets of Wynwood, Brickell, and South Beach.
But first, a #humblebrag: last week CNBC called our little company the “Chanel of Social Impact”! This is a big moment for a fair trade, organic, and vegan brand…it’s a sign that Beauty for Humanity is becoming a mainstream concept in the luxury market. And why shouldn’t it be? If you’re paying top dollar for skincare, it should make you look good AND do good in the world.
Without further ado, here are a few of our favorite Miami haunts, people, and brands:
• 1Hotel - this new hotel brand in Miami and New York merges sustainability and luxury, with plant-based foods, social enterprise products, and even wooden key cards. (See photos from our Miami 1Hotel event here.)
• Nomad Tribe - a curated collection of "fashion + social impact” fair trade swimwear, accessories, and apparel made by artisans in South America and Florida.
• Dr. Smood - delicious, plant-based coffee, smoothies, supplements, and snacks
• Wynwood Yard - an outdoor food truck oasis, with a dance floor in the middle where DJs spin reggae every Sunday. Paradise
• Wynwood Walls - a color explosion in every direction and a must for Miami visitors
• Plant Food & Wine - a luxe vegan restaurant with incredible food, cocktails and delicious healthy indulgences like nut-millk cheeses
• Water Thru Skin - a must-read blog run by Valeria Hinojosa, a local conscious living expert and vegan (check out our Facebook Live with Vale for tips on sustainable home decor on a budget)
• Cream - a wonderful local boutique in South Miami
• Beneath The Waves - an incredible ocean conservation charity that supports the preservation of shark populations and marine education
A huge thank you to our local community of Activists and Sephora cast — we love you!
Here’s to making social impact mainstream in the beauty world.
Leila and Team LXMI