SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING INTERN
POSTED: AUGUST 29, 2016
LOCATION: REMOTE, OR LOCAL IN SAN FRANCISCO, CA
LXMI, pronounced luxe-me, is a newly launched luxury skincare brand with a compelling social mission. We are not the only natural skincare brand on the market, BUT we ARE the only luxury natural skincare brand impact sourcing pure, rare and deep ingredients from low income communities all over the world to make a meaningful difference in our producers’ lives.
In a nutshell (a Nilotica shea one, naturally), we hope that our Company’s mission will help aid the end to global poverty. Our products have been certified to work wonders for the skin, thanks to the superior qualities of our signature actives from unique terroir, but more importantly the sourcing of our rare and highly coveted ingredients give work to women in developing countries who desperately need employment opportunities to support themselves and their families.
We just went live on Sephora.com and will be live on QVC in September.
We're seeking a Social Media Marketing intern who will embrace our mission to end global poverty and evangelize our core values.
- Create weekly and monthly social media calendar and strategy ensuring consistent posts throughout the month
- Curate the most relevant and trending hashtags in the skincare space to use sparingly across Company’s social media channels.
- Research influencers and bloggers in our space for sending samples, influencer blog posts, Instagram features, etc.
- Help create lists of influencers and priorities of outreach based on status of product and brand story
- Send direct messages and comment on influencer / community posts once strategy and language has been set and list had been curated
- Follow top hashtags and continue to like posts relevant to the LXMI brand to spark engagement and new followers
- Once language has been drafted and confirmed, help schedule social posts on Buffer and latergram.me to scale across Company’s social media channels
- Helping keep track of top posts, social growth, and numbers across platforms to ladder up to sales goals, pulling analytics when necessary
- Research optimal post times and document the language / posts the LXMI audience responds to best
- Implement social media strategy/plan through competitive research, benchmarking, message & campaign execution and reporting
- Analyze and recommend approach/reaction to trends, outcomes and findings; tests hypotheses; identifies opportunities and develops clear business and measurement objectives
- Write e-mail marketing campaigns and blog posts
OUR IDEAL INTERN WILL HAVE:
- Interest in the beauty and fashion industry
- Ability to problem solve and manage projects
- Strong professional communication skills and superior written communication skills are a MUST
- Warm, enthusiastic personality
- Knowledge of social media platforms and how they operate, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, etc.
- Very strong computer skills
- Detail orientated with the ability to organize and track tasks
- Open and humble attitude
- Creative vision
- Prior blogging experience is a plus
- Open ability for learning